" " " Choosing the Best Saltwater and Freshwater Fishing Rods, Reels, Rod-n-Reel Combos and Accessories | Boat Share "

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Choosing the Best Saltwater and Freshwater Fishing Rods, Reels, Rod-n-Reel Combos and Accessories

There are many reasons why anglers choose to purchase their fishing gear online and I have been doing so for many years. Continued measures to protect online transactions and customer privacy lead me to believe that I will continue to do so. Over the years, I have assembled my ideal rod & reel combos for both freshwater and saltwater fishing at huge discounts, both new and used.

It would have been very time consuming and expensive to research products, pricing, brand reputation and more without the internet. Like so many others, my local bait and tackle shop carried a very limited selection of gear that was usually catered to the type of fishing that is done in the immediate vicinity, whether for trout, bass or a very small selection of saltwater tackle. My only other option used to be going to the big chain-store that had salesmen that knew less than I did about the products, but they were very friendly and knowledgeable in assisting me purchase my fishing poles and other gear at full retail price. I thought they were called fishing rods and you call that a huge selection?

So, naturally I gravitated to shopping on the internet and a few big e-commerce sites like Ebay® and Amazon®. I could easily find flawlessly functioning fishing reels, unbreakable fishing rods, colorful jigs & lures without teeth marks, scratches or chipped paint, fishing accessories like line winders, strippers, reel spools and the list goes on at truly discounted prices. Through 20 years of fishing, I have taught myself how to properly maintain my gear and I would suggest everyone take the time to do so. There is so much fishing gear on sites like these that just need a little T.L.C. and a clean rinsing, some grease and oil, that will fish as if they were brand new. High quality rods and reels from name brand manufacturers are so strong and corrosion-resistant that someone would really have to neglect a product for it not to function after a little cleaning. I could practically buy a reel, clean it up and fish with it for several years and probably sell it for very close to what I paid.

Take advantage and save money when purchasing fishing tackle by learning how to maintain your fishing gear and equipment. To start, tighten your reel drags as tight as possible and then spray your fishing reels with freshwater after every fishing trip. Do not run water over them, as this may push salt or unwanted dirt into the reel. Use a spray bottle and lightly spray with a mist over the entire reel. Wipe clean the excess water and remember to loosen the drags, or else they may stick. This should be done for both your freshwater and saltwater gear. Look for more articles on breaking down your fishing reels and customizing both spinning and conventional fishing reels.

the inca gps rental fishing knife

0 comments:

Post a Comment